American Life League is excited to embrace our latest project entitled the Marian Blue Wave. The name came from a tweet by Bishop Strickland on January 26, days after New York’s governor, Andrew Cuomo, signed the most liberal abortion law ever. Strickland tweeted: “Let’s pray and work for a Marian Blue Wave . . . I’ll start with Texas!!!!”
Inspired by the positive energy Bishop Strickland stirred with his tweet, we immediately decided to launch our very own Marian Blue Wave that would reach from one corner of this nation to the other.
WHAT IS IT?
The Marian Blue Wave is a call to action involving the praying of the Rosary with the specific intention of ending abortion. Our goals are many, but the first and most important one is to engage as many of our fellow Catholics as possible—especially priests and bishops—in projects to extol the virtues of praying the Rosary and use it to advance a call to holiness and evangelization.
We need this because the biggest reason why so-called pro-life politics does not work is because, even now in 2019, few people realize that every abortion kills a child of God—a unique human being with his own DNA.
With each and every Rosary we pray, we ask Mary to intercede for us in this struggle and to open eyes to the fact that every preborn child—from his single cell embryonic stage forward—is a member of the human family.
In his encyclical letter Redemptor Hominis, St. John Paul II wrote: “The Son of the living God speaks to people also as Man: it is His life that speaks, His humanity, His fidelity to the truth, His all-embracing love. Furthermore, His death on the cross speaks—that is to say the inscrutable depth of His suffering and abandonment.” Thus, we also pray the Rosary to remind ourselves of all that Jesus has done for us and how much we should be doing for Him.
We acknowledge the fact that the wounds abortion has inflicted are the source of immense suffering in our nation, in the Church, and in the hearts of the parents of the aborted. Like Christ, the preborn child suffers unto death during an abortion, abandoned by the very mother who should protect her. This injustice drives us to our knees before Mary.
Our nation will not heal any other way, nor will we make progress toward ending the scourge of abortion until we embrace wholeheartedly our role in these crimes and begin the quest to heal our nation through prayer and education.
Our goal is simple. With the grace of God and the intercession of His beloved mother, we pray the Rosary for the conversion of our nation, for an end to the killing of the innocent, and for repentance and healing. The Marian Blue Wave can accomplish this as long as we persist and rely always on the will of God.
What would our nation be like if millions of Catholics prayed the Rosary every day for an end to abortion? That is the Marian Blue Wave.
- Shut down every Planned Parenthood facility in the United States.
- Shut down every abortion facility in the United States.
- Expose Catholics who advocate for or promote abortion in any way so that we can pray for them and reach out to each of them in love. Our goal is to change hearts by teaching the truth.
- Our prayer petitions include:
- The Holy Father, bishops, priests, and deacons. May each of them have the courage to defend Christ in the Eucharist and lead their people in praying the Rosary and asking Mary to intercede for us in this struggle.
- Families damaged in any way by abortion and its aftermath. May they all find peace in God’s mercy.
- Expectant mothers who fear they cannot carry their babies to term, as well as those who will help them and comfort them. May they all feel the hope of Christ’s loving embrace.