This morning on the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade in a landmark decision, returning the decision on abortion back to the states.
Justice Alito writes, “We hold that Roe and Casey must be overruled. The Constitution makes no reference to abortion, and no such right is implicitly protected by any constitutional provision, including the one on which the defenders of Roe and Casey now chiefly rely—the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.”
Striking down Roe ends a terrible injustice and reminds us that we have senselessly lost more than 63 million lives due to this unjust law. But let me be clear, this doesn’t end abortion.
Now is the time to roll up our sleeves and get back to work.
American Life League has a plan in place for how we will proceed now that Roe is gone. I’d like to share it with you:
Plan for going forward:
- ALL will continue to work for the total protection of the human person:
- From creation to death
- Without exception or compromise
- ALL will continue to work for the total abolition of Planned Parenthood
- ALL will continue to encourage people to pray the Rosary for an end to all abortion
- ALL will continue to work to create a culture of life through education
- ALL will work for a Personhood Amendment
This is our plan for the future, as ALL builds on the last 40 some years of hard work for the pre-born. Now more than ever, we must work to protect life and educate young people regarding the value and dignity that each of us deserves.
Take a moment today to thank God for this legal victory, and ask Him to guide ALL and the pro-life community going forward.
We will undoubtedly face hate and violence going forward, but we must take courage, as we continue to lead with love and the truth of life.
Judie and Katie Brown